Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Valley - Purity

Beauty must be protected.

As a land is filled with life,
And with diverse species.
I look at this soil with a wistful sense of duty.
Though it is not mine,
nor do I feel a craving to claim it as such,
I desire to see its future claimant as worthy of its grandeur.
I know it is in good care now, as it flourishes
And brings a smile to my face with its liveliness.
I want to support it in my spirit,
Not because I have to do so,
but because I want the best for it.
The beauty stirs in me a longing to see
Its trends spread to neighboring lands.
It is a gentle reminder to pay notice
To the lands that are my duties now in this age of my life.
There will come a day when another will look on these,
Feel the same desire for the land,
And have a vision for how to grow it
with time & gentle care into its full potential.
Oh, how beautiful & wonderful it will be a witness to that day.
As Saint Irinious wrote, "The Glory of God is man fully alive."
I will sojourn & labor towards that day
Where I discover this greater duty arises,
And the vision be made clear.
I pray that the land responds well to my efforts
as I learn & grow in experience in the attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment