Thursday, January 26, 2012

Quiver - Clash

If I had a quiver, I know what I would do.
I would craft myself some shafts, to test whether my aim be true.
But I would ever find that it stays the same.
I was not born an archer, Hunter is not my name.

If I had a sword, how proud I should be.
For every boy longs for a blade, knighthood bestowed while on their knees.
Alas I am still learning about the welded weight of steel.
I've yet to learn the power, to know which enemy is real.

If I had a harp, what a song I'd play.
I would strive for music, reminiscent of the dawn of day.
Sadly I haven't the patience to train in the art of song.
My hands won't concentrate, and I can't hear when a note rings wrong.

If I had your heart, I don't know what I'd do.
In that fragile organ, rests the essence of you.
I will guard it with all I am, striving to change my past.
You deserve better than imperfect me, so I will persevere at last.

If I had this life, in which to walk the mists
of Death waiting within the passage, of agony and bliss.
I know that this is not the end, a that there is a greater life to come.
But I choose to spend these days with you, until they are used and done.


Rather dedicated to John and Kels, until my time is realized. I observe from the absences and view with pleasure the beauty of life well lived. Until I emerge and take part in mine own dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment