Thursday, June 6, 2013

Where - Trusting

What have I become, my sweetest friend? - Hurt
And I ask myself "How did I get here?" - Once in a Lifetime

Moments pass, when I wonder - what am I to make of my life? What are my plans? I want to help people, but how can I make a living by doing such a thing? What shall be my occupation?

I trust in my Savior to know what is best, but too often, I find myself with a mild sense of anxiety. Lord knows what I can do, who I shall meet, how I can be of service. It is an open world, He is familiar with all of us. Our moments of courage, our quiet surrenders. But I do not shift responsibility for my shortcomings & anxieties on Him. I ask that He teach me how to behave & become a better semblance of Himself. He is a patient teacher, waiting for Me to learn to trust enough to let others in. I love Him, but need to live in Him. There is a distinct difference between acquaintanceship, friendship, intimacy, & dedication. Each have their place & time with Him. I don't wish to be acquainted with His wrath or disappointment. Christ called His disciples not only friends, but brothers, & I have opportunity of the same. Even more, Christ has promised that the church shall be His bride. But we must live in cleanliness & honor His name, not behaving as a slattern to vain philosophies & materialism. They are signs of weak trust in His ability to satisfy our needs. Dedication to the sticking point. All praise to He who is able to provide exceedingly abundantly beyond all that we could ask or imagine. I need Him, & though He does not need me, He wants Me as a child of the living God, a brother of Christ, & receptacle of His Holy Spirit dwelling in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment