Monday, October 10, 2011

Year - Marked

I had a great idea for this, I was even scribbling it down on paper. Alas, I lost it and cannot transcribe its contents. This marks the first year of J&K, my sister and her husband's anniversary. I miss her dearly - her smile that shines forth brilliantly, radiating her love and joy to all around her; the passionate strokes of interwoven notes Kels awakens in pianos; the eloquence, grace, and sprezzatura by which she glides through life. There are times when her confidence falters, but she never loses heart or faith in the hope that things will work for the best.

John, one of the finest fellows I have ever had the pleasure of calling friend. I love him as a brother, and trust him implicitly with the care of my beloved sister. John shows forbearance and goodwill in his relationships with others, quick with a grin and a timely word of encouragement. He has a way about him that exudes the joy he has in living life - when I worked under him, he made mundane and everyday tasks into a pleasure and honor to accomplish.

They both love and serve their Savior, that is what has drawn them away to a far away land. They are adventuring and laboring towards a vision of a birthing clinic for Mercy in Action in the Philippines. Thinking of this blessed and glorious union, of which I was a witness one year ago, still brings a smile to my face. I will raise my coffee cup and continued prayers for their health and safety during their stay in the Philippines. Here is to the reminder that we should all aspire to 1 Corinthians 10:31 "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Kaleb Grant. John says, "I love that guy!" and I echo his sentiments. We send you our love across the miles, and thank you for sharing your thoughts and by honoring us both in this latest post. Carry on, good fellow. Fight the good fight, and keep pressing upwards and outwards. All to the glory of Christ!

    ReplyDelete