Sunday, October 2, 2011

Relapse - Awakening

I am at a loss for what to say sometimes, so I just remain silent and hope that inspiration will float my way. If you haven't noticed - inspiration doesn't arrive on schedule, you must pursue it in research and interest. I hate to say it, but I can't write when I don't know new information. (This is an attempt to restate the maxim, "You can't give what you don't have." I am feeling prone to hiding behind rote cliches.)

I have been studying economics, statistics, and accounting; however, that doesn't make for engaging reading for anyone save students, and I might mistake opinion for fact in my declarations. The point of this is that I have been lapsing back on old habits - surfing the internet, refreshing pages, and hoping for new content to entertain me. Within a few weeks, I become disheartened and cycle through cold turkey withdrawal and impulsive resuming of the behavior.

This course of action only serves to leave me feeling empty and distracted. I am left with the quiet knowledge that anything short of communion with my Lord and Savior will ultimately disappoint. And for that reason, it is useful in a self-inflicted way - I've searched the works of man and troll and found it to be dross - what did I expect?

Hmm... This could interest me as a subject for the week, I'll continue tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment