Saturday, September 3, 2011

Mind - Sap

"My mind is like fine wine - it travels badly" - Inigo Montoya, Princess Bride, by William Goldman.

I use this quote often when my mental faculties are finding slack - it sounds slightly clever and odd to invoke this particular comparison. The one thing that I cling onto is the knowledge that I will soon be reunited with a dear friend, who is recently returning from travels and new experiences. I look forward to this, but its circumstances remind me that there are many variables which I would do well to ask divine intervention and safety upon the return journey. Many of my friends know of family members who are ill with diseases and physical ailments. I must remember to be grateful for my own health - that it is a glorious exception to the pains of life. I must make the most of what I have been given - pressing forward and striving to do my best to keep my tabernacle clean and functional. Pray for those who don't have the energy and strength to do the same service in their own lives.

"Now to Business. To Business! ... *awkward silence*... Oh! I thought we were proposing a toast." - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.

No comments:

Post a Comment