Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Affliction - Experience

"Not much for conversation, I still find need to pray. Sometimes I get tired of walking through these ordinary days. If nothing else I get to see you, even if we never speak. The harm of words, though sometimes We don't quite know what they really mean.
I don't know where, I don't know how, I don't know why. But your love can make these things better.
So let me lay down in this field and stare up at the sky. I hope the days and clouds turn into something as they pass us by. And maybe you could settle for a skyline faded blue. I hope that you might settle for this love I have for you." - Jars of Clay "These Ordinary Days" (Eleventh Hour)

I rest in the knowledge that although the weather has been hot and humid, there is the breeze to abate overheating. In all the everyday obstacles and problems, there are small blessings and beauty as well. I will not be blindly advising you to sardonically smile in the face of hardship, but to be mindful of what you can learn through its duration. Maybe you will weather it better the next time a similar problem arises. Possibly you may cross paths with another struggling with the same emotions, and an opportunity to empathize will open. The world isn't against any one person in particular, so do not wallow in self pity or woe. Set your face like a flint and your shoulders to bear burdens for others. Even if they do not reciprocate, your actions will be observed by bystanding innocents - setting an example for how a life is to be lived.

"And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all." - Mark 9:35

"And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all." - Mark 10:44

"And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." - Matthew 5:40-45

No comments:

Post a Comment