Sunday, July 10, 2011

Disconnect - Reunion

I have nothing to despair about - my summer was composed of a maximum of 18 hours a week of work, a few family outings, and the rest was my time to use as I found it. How have I spent it and what have I learned from it? Self-Evidently, this outlet has been used for a short while yet, and is a mild vanity, though that pretentiousness may fade with time. I try too hard to impress people that I imagine might read this. Just the other day, I sent a post of mine to a friend, then fretted for minutes that I might have said something foolish. I need not be defensive - if people like what I have to say, they might take the time to have a piece of my mind. If not, I cannot worry about it. People go where they will, I need not put on a front to draw others.

I have a tendency to over-think things, dwelling on the theoretical rather than the concrete. Thus, my attempts to be clever and sharp are futile and frustrating to others. I will have a restful today, and connect with those who I have not made time in the past. Life is more than merely the possible, fantastical, or dreamings, They are to be in subservience to Reality, not be exalted above flesh and blood people. Life is not logical, Thank God, for the beautiful unpredictability and variation of our world!

"For of Him, and through Him, and to Him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen." - Romans 11:36.

No comments:

Post a Comment