Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fallen - Pixies

There was the day when you were conceived,
So innocent, you existed on human belief.
Some of you were malevolent, true,
But the consensus agreed that your race was beautiful too.
Such still small voices, ringing like a breeze through the trees.
Your mischievous nature, as you glided on delicate wings.
You entertained my young spirit with the exploits you did,
Awakening the mysteries as to how you stayed hid.
In my mind's eye and crafted from artist's pens,
This world was enormous in scale with your tiny lens.
Those were the days of happy endings and sparks,
Those embers though old, still burned in my heart.

Now you are seen in a different light - the fancy of the foolish and fey,
The role-player's risque knight, your title is now effeminate and gay.
'Tis a pity that once was flights of childish fantasy,
Is now grown up and plucked in a sinister key.
How far you fell, my roguish friends,
Now that time has turned your perception to different ends.

Sadly, is this lament a little too late?
Hast thou flown away to escape this perverse fate?
I hope you did find a place to sojourn and migrate,
Again to return when this phase dissipates.
Until then, I'll miss you and your capricious natures innate.
When you find a moment, visit my desk and your story dictate.
I'll take it down word perfect as possible, though I might have to translate.
Will it be an epic, or a tragical tale? Either way, the story's scope will be great.
Though a deliriously dreaming author's word may not hold weight.
I'll still persevere to chronicle your tales, just you flutter and wait.

1 comment: