Monday, July 18, 2011

Thoughtless - Void

There are some days I merely enjoy, forget to post until late evening. This is to be a discipline for me to state my thoughts. The highlight of my day was learning the backstory of the french electronica duo Daft Punk, then dancing while listening to their 2007 Alive remix of "One More Time/Aerodynamic." It is virtually impossible for me not to move when listening to that track.

I need the motivation, the stimulus to move - the boldness to act and not mind what others consider. I enjoy spending time with younger children, they are so full of wonder and interest in their surroundings. Sometimes, I dance step a little while they stare - I think it is healthy for them to learn that just because you are older than them, it doesn't mean you stop having fun. Too many young adults are paralyzed by the thought of how others view them. I would rather rejoice in the life I have been given by God. I have a wonderful family, and friends who encourage my eccentricities as I smile at theirs. I like spending time with those who love life as much as I do.

Let them stare, let them wonder. I may act the fool, but it is out of the wisdom of Socrates - That the wisest man is the one who admits readily that he knows nothing. I am a child of the most High, and I will take joy in the creation he has made, in the freedom he has bestowed, and the grace by which my life was bought. May my lifesong resound His Praise. Amen.

"Seems I've imagined Him all of my life as the wisest of all of Mankind.
But if God's holy wisdom is foolish to man
He must have seemed out of his mind.
Even His family said he was mad.
And the priests said 'A demon's to blame.'
But God in the form of this angry young man
Could not have seemed perfectly sane.

We in our foolishness thought we were wise,
He played the Fool and He opened our eyes.
We in our weakness believed we were strong,
He became helpless to show we were wrong.
And so we followed God's own Fool, for only the foolish can tell.
Believe the unbelievable, come be a fool as well.

So come lose your life for a carpenter's son.
For a madman who died for a dream.
And You'll have the faith His first followers had
And you'll feel the weight of the beam.
So surrender the hunger to say you must know,
Find the courage to say I believe.
For the power of paradox opens your eyes
And blinds those who say they can see." - Michael Card "God's Own Fool"

No comments:

Post a Comment