Friday, July 29, 2011

Downpour - Grey

Wasn't sure what would occur to me today - but nature has made a case for its inclusion.
It has been in the upper 90's day after day this week, the intensity of the heat stunts the growth of lawns and transforms cars with leather seats to be saunas on wheels.
But today, the sky slowly became grey (or gray, curiously titled color isn't it?) and overcast, lifting up hope in my heart for a cleansing storm. As I glance up at my window screen dappled with droplets, I view it in the light of being simply beautiful.

It started as I was fetching laundry from the clothesline - a wind whipping the bedsheets every so often, rattling the leaves in the trees. It seemed that Nature was sighing in relief, as a tired laborer taking a shower after a long shift. I looked to the sky and reckoned it to be both a comfort and a source of awe, such was the raw power of the darkening weather. I hope it rains hard tonight, for sleeping through thunderstorms always spurs me to be grateful for having a roof over my head. I pray for those who don't have the blessings that I am given freely. I pray to He who wields the storm, that he takes pity upon these souls, and watches over them as they soldier through life.

May I ever sing for His praise and glory. Selah.

1 comment:

  1. Nice...I love the rainfall, and it is always wonderful to anticipate a storm as you wait for the drops to soak a barren and dry land. Here, it has been raining for 4 days in succession, and we are feeling the effects of a typhoon.

    I love reading your posts, so keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete