Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Entertaining - Messengers

I am finding myself increasingly speaking aloud, threshing my thoughts to the air. I have had an earful of my favorite music while traversing the campus - "Joshua", by Lifehouse (an unreleased fan favorite) and Newsboys' vintage classic: "Entertaining Angels." The former makes me wistful for those in whom the memory of the song was enshrined in my own mind. The second's beginning is so pure, lovely, and longing with a violin. Entertaining Angels is an interesting composition that provokes me to think.

At one point in my life, I was actively searching my everyday interactions for proof of angelic intervention. I thought, I found one; but he laughed me off gently when I confided this hunch in hindsight. "I am just another human, sorry to say. But I am trying hard to live like a Christian."

Are not we all a little hopeful that we might have an experience with a heavenly messenger - a piercing of the veil of spirituality?

"Entertaining angels by the light of my TV screen. 24-7 you wait for me. Entertaining angels by the time I fall to my knees. Host of heaven, sing over me." - "Entertaining Angels" Newsboys.

I know that I am important to the Most High, as are all of us as His children. I lift my eyes and my voice to the heavens. With whispers, smiles, and hopes, I will conquer small victories in the extra-ordinary days I've been given.

I woke this morning with a prayer - "Lord, I am ready for today. Lord, I am prepared to take on today's challenges. Lord, I will await the adventure that you have for me. Thank you for this day."

No comments:

Post a Comment