Monday, August 29, 2011

Bright - Glory

I haven't done an abstract post in a while, for I felt them becoming a bit repetitive. A friend I spoke to in person told me that my long stream of thought lasting about three minutes straight through mild tangent links, told me that my fears were unfounded. I needed to stop worrying about what others thought of myself. For the most part, I don't mind, but still... there are some actions and comments that are implicitly not socially responsible.

It is an unspoken code of behavior, one partly self policed and community based - it keeps things pleasant and on the surface level of small talk. Some people possess a wide base of knowledge that is appropriately shallow for such occasions. Others are a one-hit wonder, but are exceptional at their tune. Most of us fall between the lines and mentally scale others along the axis, depending on how well we know them.

I am a Christ-follower, and desire to live a life reflective of this. You see, I haven't the immediate nerve or personality to be a street witness for Christ. Some in His family have that calling and gifting and I wish them well in their missions. But for me, it is like telling smokers that they should stop - it will kill them. If they haven't a relationship with me, they might brush me off: they already know the risks of their lifestyle. If I offer literature as documentation to prove my point - the smoker would find me particularly obnoxious and, if gracious and patient, excuse themselves for a "prior engagement."

If I choose to live a clean life, void of smoking, alcohol, and even sugar abuse - I will live longer, healthier and more richly. If people inquire as to how I do it, I could respond with a clearer direction and explanation as to why I live how I live and how it has worked for me.

"You defend Christ like you defend a lion. You get out of its way." - C.S. Lewis.

For me - it is the same way with my relationship with Christ. If I live my life as a testimony, not showy or pretentious, but genuinely loving and joyous. People will eventually see the light and want to know why. God will draw those as he sees fit - I live in service to Him, for He first chose me and won my heart. I am His child, as are we all. I want to live my life in truth, not fear. I cannot force people to love my Father, but I can radiate joy, love, and energy in my life as a sign of the freedom He gives.

I wake every morning and sleep every night, knowing that my Father is looking out for me and smiles. I want to do Him proud like my terrestrial mother and father - I see on a daily basis how much they love and care for me, and yet, my Creator's love is boundless and infinite, endless and beautiful. I cannot fathom it, I cannot fail it, and I will refuse to admit defeat. I live in wonder of the glory He has wrought on the earth, and know that it is but a shadow of what is to come in the wake of the Son's triumphant return in the last days.

Is that not cause for joy? We live with open and beating hearts, let us show the world Our God with the landscapes of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment