Monday, August 8, 2011

Rumpelstiltskin - Pt.3

Four days and nights, we restrained my brother, Ilias, from answering Raisley's pleading. First with counsel - reminding him of our tumultuous history with humanity. When he turned a deaf ear to reason on the second night, we began pleading as well. On the third day, I threatened to bring his case before the council of Elders. He agreed, though was restless throughout the day's hearing. Two days later, the decision was announced - under the pronouncement of the elders, Ilias was to remain under the Hill, under guard if need arose. Ilias's reasons for involvement were considered insufficient for a second meeting. Even if his actions had been justifiable, Ilias had already been overly magnanimous by his unauthorized use of "All Chemist's Breath."

Ilias defied the council, stating his fate was his own, as well as the gifts he bestowed. Turning on his heel, he prepared to leave. I apprehended him before he departed, whispering that if he found himself over his head, he must invoke one of the words of summoning. My companions and I would heed the beacon, arising to his rescue. If it was for a vain cause, he would be lost to me as well, as it would prove him unworthy of our legendary linage.

Ilias laughed off my graveness, saying that all of us under the Hill were overly cautious, that we had our pointed ears on too tightly. My brother left our halls with a trusting heart and unsuspecting nature, directing his course for the half day's journey to the Manor.

No comments:

Post a Comment