Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Listening - Still

"I will sing of your mercy that leads me through valleys of sorrow to rivers of Joy." - Jars of Clay.

I have been given today, for all that it is. I am thankful for the waking hours I have each time I leverage myself out of my bed. I realize wryly how much time I spend in thrall to electronic media and am attempting to limit it. Especially because my ballycumber from the library only grows larger. The amount of pages I am attempting to consume has gone from difficult to irrational to insanely mind boggling hours of back to back speed reading without enjoyment to complete! I have barely began my trek through literature I intend to read. I am procrastinating the full portent of this through naive denial - the books look so good, I MUST read them all before school begins.

"I will walk on water. You will catch me if I fall. I will get lost into your eyes. And I know everything will be alright. I know everything will be alright." - Lifehouse.

I have this hope for my friends on their amazing adventure through life on the edge. I support them in my prayers and encouraging correspondence with them personally. I know I will miss them for a while yet, but look forward to our reunion. Until then, I will strive to improve myself and my output of productivity. I must go ever upward and outward - blooming in the light of the Sun into a greater perfection. May your life's journey be bestowed with equally majestic scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment