Friday, August 26, 2011

Night - Hope

I am sheathed in darkness on my trip home today. I am at peace in the silence, knowing that I am never alone. I am in communion with my Savior, every moment of this life.

(May I not squander it in frivolity.)

A.W. Tozer said in a prayer, "Let me not see You for who I think You are, but as who You know yourself to be." Even in the night. Andrew Peterson has a lovely, understated song on his album Counting Stars.



In the Night, My Hope Lives On" is a ballad telling the story of God and man. The prophets, the faithful, and the promised Savior. We yet have hope, even when darkness surrounds us physically or spiritually. Hope is undying, a gift from Our Father, an assurance of better and brighter days.

The Song ends triumphiantly, like few others in my experience - Peterson doesn't need to blast his audience with noise and flurries. The victory is a quiet fact, a remarkable truth in a world of illusions, so Peterson uses emphasis and passion in the line. "No they didn't take his life - He laid it down." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment