Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sorted - Tangle

This is becoming an evening ritual to me - trying to distill my thoughts of the preceding day and my plans for tomorrow into a coherent thread. I have been reading much fiction of late, and find a thrill of joy in the fantasy worlds within. These mental landscapes and tapestries have the paradoxical effect of rooting me deeper into appreciating reality.

It is like seeing a spark of brilliance, creating an afterimage on my eyes - when I reopen them, the spark's image holds an impression in my perception of everything else.

"We read to know we are not alone." - Shadowlands

It warms my heart to know that there are creative minds who spin stories and songs of beauty, pain, and hope. It is evidence of forerunners, an example in which to follow, a dream of what is truly possible. I know that I have a long way to travel in my styling and communication before I can count myself in the ranks of the Authors, but to see their legacies is to glimpse the heights of human imagination.

"Fiction is a good parts version of a life." - Summation of a point from On Writing by Stephen King.

So, as I blaze this web chronicle, I will define new continuity in my patterns of postings. One day, I hope to organize my cycles beyond merely the loop of posting a lyrical poem offering every Thursday. Until then, bear with me - I hope to waste no one's time, least of all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment