Sunday, August 14, 2011

Torn - Hooked

I want to make this meaningful, but how can I do that with a surface edit? Three factors have convinced me to limit my time in frivolity online. Firstly, that I take things personal at times when the impersonality of the Internet allows for rampant misinterpretation. Secondly, that time spent online may not be regained - instead of that, I could be doing something more useful IRL. Thirdly, my time is going to be taken by demands placed upon it this school year.'

First consideration was brought home to me by conversations with friends. "I spend more time watching people on YouTube - whom I do not know personally, than with my good friends who I do!" This is a haunting realization of the convenience and time delay tendencies over this information stream. I want to continue honing this thought field as a training ground for putting my thought to action. Sorry if I ramble and tangent, my editing skills are a work in progress. I usually do first drafts and think,"Yes, this sounds about right." Then post the draft, look for glaring grammatical errors and/or misspellings like their/there, and leave it.

Secondly, I spend too much time in isolation waiting for someone to entertain me. I should make my own happenings rather than rely on others to spawn them. I need to be proactive in my life rather than reactive.

Thirdly, I have chosen to make this an unsettlingly busy season. This blog and online R&D for my winter demands must be met with discipline rather than distracted cramming for deadlines.
I will strive to keep this alive, but it will not be easy. Expect some memories I post to be rather boring data I need to recall for later on this year.

Until that day, I will be listening to Anberlin's cover of Bob Dylan's Like a Rolling Stone and World Cup Heroes version of K'naan's Wavin Flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment