Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kitchen - Complaint

I am always the last one to eat.
Plates lie scattered, their occupants' complete.
Encrusted with sauce, drying stains -
Is it overly rude for me to complain?
For I know they are finished, and I am not
That it is my duty to clean what I brought.
But is rinsing your dishes off really too much?
The little ones excused only - the sink exceeds their touch.
It is ungrateful and thoughtless to leave a undone task.
Especially if you enjoyed the meal. Is it too much to ask?
Everyone should clean up after themselves.
For our house is not gifted with magical elves!
If you leave the counters strewn with used bowls.
The night air fails to accomplish the tidying goal.
This is tongue in cheek, not meant to be whiny.
But remember, proper dishwashing keeps silverware shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment