Friday, August 5, 2011

Sorrow - Consoling

Some days conspire against us. I am unaffected, quite pleased with my progress today. However, a malevolent spirit has loomed over certain members of the household. Tension runs high at times in a full house, and there have been flare-ups on occasion. But, as a family, our position should be in building others up with encouragement rather than sniping criticism and cute cuts.

We are human, whether cordial or cruel, we have a choice when we see a need. Take precautionary action to prevent its spread, or wait and react when it rears its ugly head as urgent. I realize that I may be oblivious at times, but I aim not to hurt others. If pain should be visited upon my family, I would prefer to endure it alone. I adore my family, and know that they are patient with my faults when I am on edge. I hope that I can have the same forbearance with them when they have their moments. I need to be a better comforter of hurt feelings, both physical and emotional. I want to hold them, protect them from further harm. Lord, watch over us all when we find ourselves broken.

"We are frail, we are fearfully and wonderfully made - forged in the fires of human passion, choking on the fumes of selfish rage. With these our hells and our heavens, so few inches apart. We must be awfully small and not as strong as we think we are." -Rich Mullins "We are not as strong as we think we are." (songs)

No comments:

Post a Comment