Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lock - Loaded

Countdown ends by tomorrow's dawn, finding me once again at school. I spent my last day poring over books that I borrowed from the library, I had always intended to finish, or even start. I completed one work, but it was a good one. I finished watching the fourth season of Doctor Who with David Tennant, my favorite incarnation of the Doctor. The finale gave me fortitude for tomorrow's return to education - Firstly, because I will never have it as bad as they did in that crisis. Secondly, because it had such camaraderie between BBC series and spinoffs - I have good friends and we support each others' efforts in small ways.

" 'My father used to say that artists use lies to tell the truth, while politicians use it to cover it up.' -Evie
'A man after my own heart.' -V "

Sometimes it takes an exaggerated version of how things stand to realize the importance of the smaller, beautiful facets of life. I am contented with all I have been free and able to do over the summer. I am more than ready for tomorrow and its challenges. It will be a cold plunge when I reenter the well of knowledge, but I will learn to swim its depths, training to navigate them with greater ease each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment